Beryl BTN Bikes are now available city-wide in Brighton with the final phase of the scheme’s expansion now in operation.
There are now 780 bikes available to hire from 82 hubs across Brighton & Hove via the Beryl app.
Some 60% of them are e-bikes to help tackle the hillier areas of the city and windy seafront. The other 40% are pedal bikes that offer cheaper pricing.
According to Brighton & Hove City Council, more hubs will be installed this autumn with some having already been consulted on, with others subject to further consultation.
Users of the scheme can purchase two-day, seven-day and 30-day riding passes that offer discounted hire rates.
There are also new offers of 20 minutes riding credit to members who hire bikes left out of hub and return them to a Beryl hub.
Councillor Trevor Muten, chair of Brighton & Hove City Council’s transport and sustainability committee, said: “It’s great to see the full rollout of Beryl BTN Bikes completed and available in all parts of Brighton and Hove.
“We believe it will encourage more people to choose cycling as their active travel preference, as they consider their lower carbon transport options in response to the climate emergency.”
The scheme was relaunched in the spring and has so far generated more than 85,000 trips, of which 20,000 trips were made in September.
Innovations and achievements in active travel and shared mobility will be highlighted and celebrated at the second annual CiTTi Awards on 21 November 2023 at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms in London. Visit www.cittiawards.co.uk to learn more about this unmissable event for the UK’s transportation sector – and to book your table today!