Kapsch TrafficCom has announced the launch of a new regular series of video presentations covering road tolling across Europe.
Justin Hamilton, business and partner development – light vehicle tolling, at Kapsch, said: “Tolling is not the most accessible industry, nor is it always easy to understand.
“To help cut through the jargon and hopefully deliver some helpful insight into the often complex world of road tolling we will be hosting a series of short presentations covering various aspects of road tolls in Europe.”
The first video (see above), released today, provides an overview of the different systems and solutions in place for light vehicles as well as a look at the revenue split between countries.
Future presentations include:
- Tolling discounts country by country
- Tolling terms, definitions and acronyms
- Opportunities for tolling integration with other payment and mobility services
- Benefits for toll chargers from working with independent service providers
- Introduction to heavy goods vehicle tolling in Europe
- The flow of traffic across borders
- The future of tolling in Europe
These will be added to the ‘Videos’ section of cittimagazine.co.uk as and when the presentations are made available to view, so make sure to check back regularly!