A raft of leading transportation professionals from countries including Thailand, Indonesia and Fiji have been announced for the first-ever Road User Charging Conference Asia Pacific.
Among the first names to be confirmed for the brand-new event, which takes place in Singapore on 05-06 October 2023, are:
- Tongkarn Kaewchalermtong, chairman of the transportation and logistics working group, ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organizations (Thailand);
- Faranisese Kinivuwai, director of transport, Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport, Fiji;
- Elly Sinaga, president, Indonesia Road Safety Partnership;
- Victor Shu, deputy director, Land Transport Authority (Singapore);
- Akhilesh Srivastava, advisor, government of Uttarakhand (India);
- Walter Edgar Theseira, associate professor of economics, Singapore University of Social Sciences
Delegates will also hear from Dr Adrian Moore, vice president of policy at US think-tank Reason Foundation, which was recently announced as an official NGO partner not only for Road User Charging Conference Asia Pacific 2023, but also for next year’s Miami-based counterpart Road User Charging Conference USA 2024.
As the programme begins to take shape, a number of other speakers and partners from South Korea, Australia, New Zealand and Taiwan, among other countries, are still to be announced for the first-of-its-kind event, which will be held at the Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview hotel.
Among the topics set to be discussed there are time- and distance-based charging, congestion charging, emission-based charging and all-electronic tolling, with an emphasis on ways to better regulate traffic and generate revenues on highways and major arterial roads in and out of the region’s most congested cities, including Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Sydney, Bengaluru, Chongqing, Tokyo, Jakarta and Seoul.
Event organiser Akabo Media said it expects some 150 people from up to 40 countries around the Asia Pacific to attend the conference, which marks the third and latest iteration of the company’s global Road User Charging Conference series, following established editions in Brussels, Belgium and Miami, Florida, USA.
What’s more, all three conferences can now be accessed via a brand-new home: visit http://roaduserchargingconference.com and choose to click through to dedicated sites for Road User Charging Conferences in Singapore, Belgium and the USA.
To stay up to date with the latest speaker and partner announcements for Road User Charging Conference Asia Pacific 2023, please click here. Delegate registration for the event is also open now. To register as a delegate, please click here.