In March 2022, when announcing plans to expand the Ultra Low Emission Zone London-wide, mayor Sadiq Khan indicated an ambition for a future single road user charging (RUC) scheme.
Recorded last month, watch the London Assembly transport committee as they examine the practical issues around the potential introduction of a smarter pay-as-you-drive RUC system and understand how London fits not the national picture.
The panellists are:
- Silviya Barrett, director of policy and research, Campaign for Better Transport
- Adam Tyndall, programme director, transport, BusinessLDN
- Nick Bowes, chief executive, Centre for London
- Carolyn Axtell, car free London campaigner, Possible
- Jillian Anable, chair in transport and energy, University of Leeds
- Sarah King, development manager, Federation of Small Businesses
- Matthew Hudson, director, Rebel Group
You can learn more about the key trends and challenges affecting senior decision-makers who have responsibility for tolling, intelligent transportation systems and road pricing across the world at the 20th annual Road User Charging Conference in Brussels, Belgium on 07-08 March 2023. Click here for more information.