Multi-mobility platform Cabify has announced that 196 electric vehicles (EVs) will be incorporated into Vecttor, a Cabify subsidiary, before the end of the year.
Operating in Madrid, with support from the European Investment Bank and the European Commission, the new EVs will be incorporated into this subsidiary.
Miguel Ángel Toledo, CEO of Vecttor, said: “After incorporating these cars, all Vecttor vehicles in Spain will have eco and zero labels, being 24% of cars with zero labels and the remaining 76% eco. In contrast, nationally, less than four percent of the national fleet has one of these labels.”
Forming part of Cabify’s electrification fleet project, the EVs will help achieve the company’s decarbonisation section of its sustainable business strategy. By 2025, Cabify aims for 100% of its trips to be made in EVs in Spain and by 2030 in Latin America.
The models chosen were Tesla Model 3 Long Range RWD, Kia Eniro Concept, Citroën ë-C4x Shine, and Hyundai Ioniq 5 of 168 kW.
With a range of 400km and technical characteristics and sizes suitable for passenger transport, the emission of 1,700 tons of CO2 per year and the consumption of more than one million litres of fuel will be avoided in operational costs.
Juan de Antonio, CEO and founder of Cabify, added: “With the support of the European Investment Bank and the European Commission, we are taking the necessary steps to lead the decarbonisation of the urban mobility sector.
“Reaching zero emissions by 2025 is an ambitious goal, but we have the right strategy to achieve it. These advances also allow us to help other freelancers and companies in the sector to take a step towards electrification thanks to our own experience and agreements with manufacturers.”
Since 2018, all trips made on the Cabify platform are reportedly carbon neutral, as emissions are offset in local projects in the seven countries where the company operates (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Spain, Mexico, Peru and Uruguay).
In the past year, Cabify has reduced the total emissions of trips through the platform, despite the fact that the volume of trips has increased in this period, a milestone that Cabify has reached for the first time in the company’s history.
This is caused by an 11% reduction in average CO2 emissions per km, for which it credits several technological developments and the incorporation of more sustainable or zero-emission hydrogen or electric cars.
Achievements in electric vehicles and sustainable mobility will be celebrated at the second annual CiTTi Awards on 21 November 2023 at the De Vere Grand Connaught Rooms in London. Visit www.cittiawards.co.uk to learn more about this unmissable event for the UK’s transportation sector – and to book your table today!